NBC Delivers Water and Education Infrastructure to Aid over 20 Communities in Kano State
Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) Limited has donated a line-up of water and education projects in Kano State as part of its commitment to secure water availability for all communities in water risk areas and create a conducive learning environment for the people of Kano.
The projects were presented on Thursday, August 22, 2019 at a ceremony witnessed by community members, traditional rulers and chiefs, representatives of Government agencies such as Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) and the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA). The projects were targeted at reaching 20 communities directly, providing potable water to over 300,000 people and impacting over 1 million people through the KNSWB lab upgrade.
The projects include
- A refurbished Kano State Water Board Laboratory in Panshekara
- Ultra-modern Water Testing equipment for the laboratory
- Two Tube Wells drilled and connected to the Main Water Supply Network to directly provide water to over 300,000 people around the Madobi area
- A block of Classrooms and furniture donated to Medile Primary School
- Provision of Water Supply to Challawa community
In addition, the company facilitated the training of senior managers from the Kano State Water Board on Performance Management and Team Maintenance while its technicians were trained on special HDPE Pipe Maintenance.
The management of NBC also announced, in furtherance of its goodwill to the community of Madobi, Kano, the award of secondary school scholarships to the best 10 pupils of Medile primary school every year. The 10 successful pupils will be supported by NBC throughout their secondary school education.