Our Growth Values
Our approach reflects who we are and how we behave.
At Nigerian Bottling Company, we are committed to our six growth mindset values, along with the behaviours which support them. They shape the way we work every day.
- Winning with customers: we are the selling organization devoted to providing innovative solutions to create shared value
- Nurturing our people: we believe in our people and have passion to develop ourselves and others
- Excellence: we strive for unparalleled performance by amazing customers with our passion and speed
- Integrity: we always do what is right, not just what is easy and take accountability for the results
- Learning: we listen, have a natural curiosity to learn and are empowered to take smart risks
- Performing as one: we collaborate with agility to unlock the unique strength of our diverse teams
Our values are deeply embedded in our strategic framework that aims to deliver superior value every day in four key areas: community trust, consumer relevance, customer preference and cost leadership.
Building trust within communities
We have a substantial impact on the communities in which we operate. To grow sustainably, we invest to create value for our communities and become a trusted partner and a force for positive change. We aim to be open, transparent and collaborative in everything we do.
To achieve this, we rely on our values to build a culture of working responsibly and we engage with our stakeholders to better understand where we can have the greatest positive impact.
Offering people the right products for all occasions
We produce and sell some of the world’s most recognised soft drinks brands. However, consumer needs and demands are constantly evolving throughout our markets and we must be ready to satisfy those consumer needs.
To achieve this, we work closely with The Coca‑Cola Company and build on consumer insights to capture clearly defined market opportunities.
Delivering the products and services our customers expect
Products distributed by Coca‑Cola HBC are sold to people through our customers, who include hypermarkets, supermarkets, discounters, kiosks, petrol stations, cinemas, leisure parks, hotels, restaurants and cafés, among others.
To ensure that our customers continue to stock, promote and sell our products, we focus on being their strategic partner of choice. We want them to see us as a company with which it is easy to do business, that gets things right the first time and that adds value on every occasion.
Focusing on a cost efficiency mindset
Managing cost effectively is an essential part of our long-term strategy for market leadership and sustainable growth. We aim to make the business more competitive by creating a lean organisation that’s able to exploit efficiencies across our markets.
Our focus areas include tight working capital management, operating expenses control and strong and sustained free cash flow generation.